Prerequisite Opportunity: Be The Match Gala Committee
Health & Wellness,
People with Health-based Concerns
Age Minimum (with Adult) - 18, Minimum Age - 18+, Skill Category - N/A
Be The Match Gala CommitteeDescription:
The Gala "Go-Getters" Committee helps lead the fundraising efforts for the Be The Match Gala and acts as an ambassador of Be The Match in the local community.
- 4 – 6 months leading up to the gala on Friday, September 22, 2017
- Time commitment varies by committee member but averages 10 hours per month
- Committee meets once per month between April and September, typically on a weekday at a time that works best for the members
- At least 18 years old
- Strong local relationships
- Strong business knowledge specific to assigned responsibilities
- Must be able to attend most meetings and conference calls as scheduled
In collaboration with the Distinguished Events Manager, Special Events Interns, and Be The Match Foundation staff:
- Suggest ideas and ask for auction items
- Suggest ideas for and introduce potential gala sponsors
- Recruit other volunteer committee members
- Preferably be able to attend or volunteer at the gala
Expand your network. Gain wider community awareness and experience supporting a large non-profit special event fundraiser.
For people with life-threatening blood cancers - like leukemia and lymphoma - or other diseases, a cure exists. Be The Match® connects patients with their donor match for a life-saving marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant. People can be someone’s cure as a member of the Be The Match Registry®, financial contributor, or volunteer. Be The Match provides patients and their families one-on-one support, education, and guidance before, during, and after transplant.