Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
New York- Walk+Run Event Day Volunteers
Be The Match Walk+Run raises funds to help patients with uninsured treatment costs, support continued marrow transplant research to improve outcomes, and add more potential volunteer marrow donors to Be The Match Registry®, giving more patients hope for a cure.
We need friendly, energetic volunteers ready to donate their time on event day to a great cause. Volunteer shifts are typically 3-4 hours, in length and you can sign up to volunteer with family or friends. Volunteers help with responsibilities like:
- Set-up and Breakdown
- Course Marshaling
- Start/Finish Line
- Water Stops
You MUST accept our standard volunteer waiver to volunteer at a Be The Match Walk+Run event. Please review the waiver below. If you choose to sign up for this volunteer opportunity, you will be asked to accept the terms of this waiver.
1) I understand and agree that my photograph or video images and recordings of my voice may be made and/or used, in any form, in memorializing, promoting, or advertising this or other Be The Match® events, and that no compensation will be due to me in that regard. I irrevocably grant Be The Match Foundation® and National Marrow Donor Program®, or persons acting for or on behalf of Be The Match Foundation or National Marrow Donor Program, the right and authority to copyright, use, and publish, for these purposes, images and recordings that it or they create. This right and authority shall belong to such party or parties at all times and survive the termination of this Agreement.
2) I recognize and freely acknowledge the risks and dangers of volunteering in this event and fully assume all such risks and dangers arising from that participation, without limitation including accidents, personal and bodily injuries, and all the costs and expenses I incur with respect to these risk and dangers.
3) I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Be The Match Foundation, National Marrow Donor Program, its officers, directors, employees, agents, assigns and insurers from all claims, liability, and damages I may sustain from any cause, including negligence, as a result of my participation as a volunteer at this event.
4) I, as a parent or legal guardian of the below named minor, hereby give my permission and consent, voluntarily and freely, for my child to volunteer in the Event. I further agree to the above provisions, both individually and on behalf of the minor identified below, after having read this Agreement fully.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: